Friday, February 18, 2011

Dance Like Elaine Benes


It's Friday and we have a nice three day weekend to look forward to, which means plenty of extra time to get gnar gnar. We have a ton of good stuff for ya today and it will no doubt have you out of your chair and doing some Elaine Benes type dance moves. Paddy V. has sent his "Pike & Pain" mix to us as well, and it's bringing the heat. I hope you've started stretching by now, cause it's time to get LOOSE!

Steve Angello of the super group, Swedish House Mafia, knows a thing or two about House music. So it comes as no surprise that his mixtape for Size records titled, "Size Matters" contains some great tunes. One such tune that grabbed my attention immediately because of it's deep, thumping bassline is by Swedish producer, Sebjak and remixed by Paul Thomas and Myke Smith. This track makes me wanna rage at the beach, but unfortunately for me it's supposed to rain most of the weekend here in L.A. (sigh).

Sebjak - Bigger (Paul Thomas and Myke Smith remix) (ysi)

I love Riva Starr. The dude from Italy is a heavyweight in the game, and he brings the fire to this Lauren Pritchard track. See him live if you ever get the chance. He threw down a intense set at Avalon last year with Annie Mac and Doorly. Raise your glasses ladies and gentlemen!


You can't do wrong when you combine Crookers and Boy 8-Bit.


I'll finish my section of this post with a super fun and ravey Drum & Bass track by Danny Byrd, from his album, "Rave Digger." GET UP AND RAVE AROUND!!!


That's it for me for today. I'll leave you know in the hand of Paddy V. And remember folks, turn it up.........LOUD!

Cheers,
Denck


Paddy V. presents: PIKE & PAIN vol. 2

Round 2 mother fuckers...hope you enjoyed the last playlist I assembled for you, I know I did. This week I wanted you to dance in my shoes for an hour to some of my favorite styles of House music. Dutch and Moombahton! Given the recent warmth in weather around my corner lately I figured it was appropriate to lay these groovy Latin drum patterns on your ears. I always imagine a phat sweaty booty shakin at a beach front discotheque.

First, I have put together a little warm-up of some of the rulers of the Dutch scene. Then, i'll slow it down 80 or so bpm to a Moombahton Intermission! Finally, I'll end it with some more Dutch style remixes and, as always, I'll let you cool down with another classic.

WOEDE! (Dutch for rage)

01 - Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette - Hello(Bassjackers Remix)

Beautiful way to jump this off. Latin drums and plenty of high

pitched noises. Make sure you check out the Dada Life Remix as well


02 - Apster - Moanin(Bassjackers Remix)

Bassjackers are tits! Bassjacker + Apster = OMGod


03 - Bassjackers & Apster - Klambu(original mix)

This track is a great example of how powerful the Latin percussion is.


04 - Black Eyed Peas & Afrojack - Dirty Beat

Finish strong! I'll slow it down soon this beat is Dirty.


MOOMBAHTON INTERMISSION!!!


Catch your breath next three songs are an assortment of

moombahton tracks by various producers including the originator, Dave Nada. The way this genre got its start is pretty interesting. if your curious about this sound, click the link below.


ENJOY

http://www.thefader.com/2010/03/05/dave-nada-creator-of-moombahton-interview-mp3s/



08 - David & Rihanna - Who's That Chick(Afrojack Remix)

Afrojack again!


09 - Apster - Down

I'll finish strong with a banger from Apster. WOEDE!


10 - Aretha Franklin - It Ain't Fair

Aretha spills her soul for us while we hydrate and get blowed. Listen carefully for my favorite guitarist Duane Allman spittin licks in the background.

Thanks for letting me get this playlist off my chest.


Paddy V.

No comments: